Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Daily Beauty Routine

Daily Beauty Routine


Daily Beauty Routine

Lately I've been experimenting with a "low maintenance" look. As a college student you're running on very little sleep most of the day and those precious extra few minutes that I spend in bed can be a god send, which is why I needed an easy every day look that didn't require a ton of time so that I can enjoy 5 more minutes of extra beauty sleep....ok maybe 20 more minutes, but you get the idea.



My every day beauty routine consists of the Garnier BB Cream in the shade "Light/Medium". This definitely doesn't stay on all day and it gives a light, but buildable coverage. I apply one layer and let that set, and then one more thin layer for some added security. 

I then move onto my Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer.  My shade is "Ivory".  I've been using the Maybelline FitMe concealer for a while now and I was looking to change it up.  The FitMe concealer was a bit oily and didn't give great coverage.  This new Lumi concealer is by far much better! It helps give your face a nice glow while providing coverage.  I use it as both a highlight and a concealer but you could just use it as one or the other if you prefer.  I dab a bit under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose and right above my eyebrows for some added lift and it works great!

Once that's all done, I set everything with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I have the transparent color but they do have other shades if you want to try some color.  This has been in my makeup collection for a while and I love it! It does a great job of providing a matte finish, but you do need to touch it up every once in a while depending on how oily your natural skin is.

For some added color, my go to blush is the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. I like the color Rose Petal for every day wear because it gives a nice touch of color without being overwhelming. 

As for my brows, I swear by the Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil.  It works wonders! It's very creamy and glides on perfectly to fill in any sparse areas you might have.  My brows are very thin due to over plucking but this brow pencil makes them look very natural and full.

For mascara, I've just started using the Great Lash Curved mascara.  It does a great job of lengthening my lashes but it doesn't really thicken them at all, which can be an issue for me.  I like this for a simple "no makeup, makeup look" but if I were to go a little bit more dramatic I would use another mascara with this in order to thicken the lashes.

For my lips, I always use the Maybelline Baby Lips.  These products are so moisturizing and fabulous that I always have one with me! Lately I've been using the color Pink Punch a lot. It's a great pink color that flatters most skin tones and works for both day and night.

Finally, I use The Balm Luminizer as my highlight.  It works really well to give a subtle shimmer and glow to the face.  For everyday I just use some on the inner corners of my eyes and  right below the brow bone and above the cupid's bow.

So this is my every day look.  It's quick and easy and gives me that coveted natural no makeup look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment