Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Foundation Routine

Foundation Routine



My Foundation Routine

I try to keep my foundation routine pretty simple.  I use a lot of the same products that I use in my "no makeup, makeup" look but this routine gives my face a little more coverage and definition.

So let's start with the whole routine.




Before applying my foundation I always start with a moisturizer.  It gives a good base for your makeup to sit on and it prevents flaking due to dry skin. I've been using my Willa moisturizer that I got in last month's Birch Box. It's pretty good, but I think almost anything will work.

Once my skin is all moisturized and silky smooth, I dot the foundation all around my face and stipple it in then buff it out.  Once that layer has set I generally apply one more thin layer for added coverage.

Next is the concealer. I apply where needed which is usually around my nose and under my eyes.  I use the Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer which also doubles as a highlight, so once my dark circles are concealed, I dab some of this miracle worker right above my eyebrows and down the center of my nose and blend, blend, blend.  My face is instantly brightened and glowy! 

Next is the setting powder. I use a combination of the Rimmel Stay Matte Face Powder and the E.L.F. HD Powder.  The Rimmel helps keep the oily at bay, and the HD powder helps make my skin look flawless.

Now it's time for my favorite part: contouring! I already laid the groundwork with my highlight/concealer. I use my NYC Bronzer in Sunny to contour my cheeks and around my face.  This bronzer is perfect because it has absolutely no shimmer and it looks natural. I contour my cheek bones, the temples of my head and down to my jaw line, and then I contour the sides of my nose.  My face looks instantly slimmer! If necessary, I go back over my highlighted areas just to make sure everything I want to stand out, standouts and everything I want masked, stays masked.

Now it's time for blush. For my no muss, no fuss routine I use the Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal, which is a much lighter blush.  For this look, I like to go a little darker because I have a lot going on with my contour and I want it all to blend and work together.  I like using the Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin.  It gives my cheeks a peachy/pink look to them without it being overbearing.  I prefer using the Bouncy Blush because it acts as a stain and stays on longer than a regular blush does so I don't have to worry about it later on.

Now for my brows, I use my Maybelline Define-A-Brow. I rave about this product all of the time because it really is so amazing! I don't really have a solid method when doing my brows, I just follow the natural curve and fill in when needed.

And finally, I use my The Balm Luminizer as an added high light.  I brush this right above my cheek bones, over my cupids bow and down the bridge of my nose.  It gives me a little shimmer which works well with the foundation/concealer thing I have going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment